Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, February 01, 2010

The 21st Century Classroom.

This is the title given to our classrooms in district that have a smartboard, sound system, and various other little technology gadgets. I thought I had a 21st Century room by simply being a teacher in the 21st Century, but I must be wrong. So then the question becomes,... what century
classroom do I have?



Could it be the 19th Century? If so, then that would be me up front next to my student who appears to presenting his/her career project using power point and an inkwell.









Could it be that I'm teaching in an early 20th Century room? If so, that would mean that these two girls are in my class and we've apparently formed some club that dabbles in iron works.


Perhaps I'm mid-20th Century,... a time when school was more civil, more disciplined, more school-like. I remember being taught how to sit with my hands folded,...
while wearing a suit coat and tie.


But this is not the classroom I have either! Today's class is all about movement within the room, comfortable clothing, and not having homework because it interferes with the after school travel sports schedule.

I'm getting the feeling that my issue isn't with being in the 21st Century in the United States,... after viewing a 21st Century classroom in the UK,
I think I need to rethink my century curiosity and go with location, location, location.

No comments: